Sunday, November 27, 2011

Weighing In

So, as tempted as I was to step on the scale this past week, I waited it out and now it is Sunday, my own personal weigh-in day.  As most of you might already know, our weight fluctuates daily, so for most (not all), it is best to not weigh yourself too frequently.  I'm going to stick to weekly weigh ins to track my progress.

Tips to keep in mind if you plan on adopting this method:
Weigh yourself first thing in the morning before you've consumed anything, but after you've used the bathroom.
Try to weigh yourself at the same time each day that you plan on weighing yourself.
Don't weigh yourself after you've exercised.
Women: Wait until after your period is over to weigh yourself since we commonly gain a little beforehand.
Plateaus are normal, so don't get discouraged or stop, you're still getting rid of fat every time you exercise.
Make sure your scale is accurate!!!  I know the cheap one sounds like the best deal, but investing in a scale that measures to the half or the tenth (like mine) might be the better deal in the long run.
Try to wear the same thing each time you weigh yourself (or nothing at all)
And finally, remember that weighing yourself is not the final indicator of weight loss.  Think about how you are feeling.  If you feel better, or your clothes are feeling looser, that can also tell you if your efforts have been successful.

As for me, I started at 135 lbs, but as of my weigh in this morning, I am 132.8 lbs.  I have to say, I feel even more motivated now, seeing that I have successfully lost a couple pounds, to go to the gym and work my butt off (literally and figuratively).  It has also given me more motivation to stick to the healthier path when it comes to eating and drinking.

Good luck at YOUR weigh in!!

Inspiration photos:



Pinned Image

And one last thing, as much as I want to be skinny and tiny, I would much rather look and feel fit.

No comments:

Post a Comment