Thursday, December 29, 2011

Destination, Determination, Deliberation

I'm drawing some inspiration from Harry Potter today.  My brother is in the process of reading the series, a feat I am quite proud of him for, and we were talking about splinching (too hard to explain here).  The rules of apparition popped into my head and didn't quite leave.  They just seem so perfect to write about.  Destination, Determination, and Deliberation.


Destination is created when we figure out what we want the result to be for something we want to change.  What am I doing?  I'm trying to make a permanent change in the way I live my life.  I want to live a healthy lifestyle, and discover a way to accept who I am and be at peace with that.  That is my ultimate destination, and my purpose.


Once we discover our destination, Determination steps up.  We can look at this one in two ways.  It can be applied to determining what we need to do to reach our goals, our destination.  What steps?  I decided that I needed to start exercising regularly, start eating in a healthy manner, and start taking an interest in things around me again.  Determination can also apply to the motivation that is required to make that change.  Without determination, I doubt I would have gotten this far.


This leads me to the last point, Deliberation.  We commonly have to act with purpose to get what we want.  I made a plan, and now I am moving forward to accomplish it with purpose.


I think that these steps can be applied wherever you need them to in life.  So thank you Harry Potter for offering up such solid advice, even if it was not intended to be life advice.


Just a reminder, take my poll on the top right, there's only 3 days left to vote!  Also, be on the look out for a new Featured Author in the next couple days and a new post about muscle soreness.  Have a great day!!


Photo Inspiration:


Also, for those of you out there who are trying to kick a soda habit (like me - 39 days without so far!), check this out:
icanhasflatstomachplez:

Aaaand this is why I don’t drink soda…

stop drinking soda! even diet!

No comments:

Post a Comment