Sunday, December 11, 2011

Featured Author: Meg Cabot

Meg Cabot
6 books for tweens
45 books for teens (not sure if I counted correctly)
21 books for adults
....and counting
Webite: http://www.megcabot.com/




Hm, where to start?  Clearly Meg Cabot has a wide range of talent.  I am familiar with her for most of her teen books, but I have graduated to the adult books.  You might know her as the author of The Princess Diaries series, which was turned into a movie.  Her books cover a range of genres as well, from fiction, to fantasy, to sci-fi, to mysteries, to paranormal and the list goes on...  Chances are, you can find a book that you enjoy.

As for me, I enjoy reading a wide range of genres, so Meg Cabot had a lot to offer me.  I discovered her writing through the Vanished/1-800-Where-R-You? Series.  Essentially it's about a girl who is struck by lightning and then finds she has the ability to find missing people just by looking at a photograph.  It was definitely an intriguing storyline.  I then moved onto the Mediator series.  This one is about a girl who has the ability to see ghosts that linger on earth and helps them move on by settling the issues that still hold them back.  Again, I thought it was a very interesting and different story.  My most recent favorite has been her book, Abandon, a story about the romance between a girl who has experienced death, and the man she met while in the underworld.  I'm looking forward to the sequel which is coming out this Spring.

In my opinion, the best part about Meg Cabot is her versatility in stories.  At the time she wrote her books, it was before the Twilight craze and her paranormal themes were a bit different than most of the stuff out there.  Add elements of a mystery, romance, and a teenage heroine, and you have a great mix.  Not all of her stories follow that vein though, and you can find more normal fiction within her books.  Some of her adult pieces, such as the Queen of Babble series, and the Heather Wells Mysteries, are good, entertaining reads.  She does go the route of paranormal here too, with her Insatiable series (vampires this time, seems she caught the bug).

Overall, her books are worthwhile reads for those of you looking for a bit of normal, or a bit of not-so-normal.  Take a look and enjoy!

List of books:
http://www.megcabot.com/books-by-meg-cabot/
You're going to have to go to her website for the list, because there are way too many for me to put here.

No comments:

Post a Comment