Monday, December 12, 2011

If you need a little motivation....

Good morning!  Yesterday I saw a jar of money under the fitness section of pinterest (look it up, it's awesome) and it made me curious, but after reading the description, it totally made sense.  And I loved the idea!  So I'm passing it on to you.

If you are lacking motivation to head to the gym, bribe yourself.  Put a dollar in a jar every time you complete a workout.  Set a goal amount and when you've reached it, spend that money on something that you really want, or use it to do something for yourself.

Or, another way to make that money is to make a bet with someone.  Maybe you have a parent who has been urging you to lose weight, or to work out, or to get healthier.  Or a sibling, or a friend, or a coworker.  Bet them $50 that you can workout a certain amount of times, in a certain period of time.  Making working out a challenge, or a competition, will make you that much more likely to stick to your work out goals.

I, for one, am going to start that money jar.  I bribed myself with a pair of shoes for new years eve, but I like this idea even better.  Also, if you hold off on spending money on things you don't really need regularly, then it will make that reward to yourself that much sweeter.

The money jar idea came from this website: http://www.womenshealthmag.com/health/get-healthy?page=3

Below I have a picture that claims to have the keys to motivation, so take a look to get some ideas.  I personally have given up on the idea of a food journal.  Because of my long work day, I actually pack my breakfast, lunch, dinner and snack, all at the same time in the mornings which gives me full control over what I eat for the day.  I really do not have opportunities to snack or munch on things, I usually only have what I pack.  And since I eat very similar foods every day, I have a good idea of the amount of calories I'm consuming.  Other than that, I have been doing most of the things on the list!

Pinned Image

Just a reminder, read my post on Body Shapes and take the poll on the right!


Photo Inspiration:
.

Now go find a jar and start motivating yourself!!

No comments:

Post a Comment