Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Some Quick Tips

It has been a couple of days since my last post, which has been very strange for me.  I have posted at least once a day since I decided to start this blog, sometimes even twice.  I have simply been too exhausted to type anything lately.  My night job extended hours for the holidays and Monday was the first night I had to stay late (1 am).  So my work day turned into 17 hours.  I had to do it again last night and I just did not have the energy to turn on my computer and write.  But I managed to squeeze in a post for today!

Below is a diagram with just a couple of points, but they are all points that I like.  I definitely like that they point out not to skip meals.  I have never been one to eat a lot of food, so I did skip meals a lot before I started trying to be healthy.  I mainly skipped breakfast, which is one of the worst meals to skip.  This can be rectified by being more organized about what you eat, which the diagram points out.  It tells us to plan before you go to the grocery store.  Definitely a good idea.  Another thing that helps is to think about what you'll eat the night before, and eating similar variations of food every day is something that also helps me stay organized too.  After doing this for 3 weeks, I have a good idea of what to grab and how much of it in the mornings. 

One other thing that I liked was that it says to reward yourself for sticking to the diet/exercise plan.  I mentioned a money jar in my last post, and I have implemented this practice as of yesterday.  I originally said just for exercise, but since eating unhealthy food and drinking unhealthy drinks was also a huge issue for me, I plan on rewarding myself on days that I feel I have stuck to my healthy eating habits.

So take a look!
Lose weight and keep it off.

The image below is a giude to using the Nutrition Facts.  I think that it never hurts to know what we are putting into our bodies.  We want to be healthy and that means that the food we eat should have nutitional value, not necessarily have the least amount of calories possible.  The thing I like about this giude is that it doesn't just point out how to read the calorie and serving size, it points out other important details that we might not know.  For exapmple, to look for foods that have at least 3 grams of fibre, and to avoid foods with more than 10 grams of sugar.  I definitely am going to pay more attention to these details when I look at the Nutrition Facts from now on.



That's all for today.  Just a reminder to take a look at my post on Body Shapes and take the poll about body shapes on the right!!  So far it's yielded interesting results.  The most common body shape (the Apple) has yet to receive any votes, while the most rare body shape (the Hourglass) has received the most.  I'd love to get more votes!  Thanks.

Have a fantastic day!

Photo Inspiration:
Pinned Image

No comments:

Post a Comment