Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Unstoppable: Weigh-in #4, the Non-Scale Victories

Well I am on a roll this week.  I'm getting so much done, but it means I've been neglecting my blog a bit.  I promise, once the craziness of the holidays is over, I'm going back to my once a day or more posting because I miss writing everyday.

My weigh in this week had to be postponed until today.  I have actually not lost anything in the past week, so I'm still hovering around 129 lbs.  It was 129.1, so the change was only .1 lb from last week's 129.2.  Nothing significant.  It has been a month though and I was not as careful with my eating habits this past week.  I think I overindulged a bit, even though the food was healthy and I may have hit a bit of a plateau.  This means I'm going to be a bit more concious of portion sizes and I'm going to look for ways to change up my work out routine.

But, like I've said before, the scale is not the ultimate indication of weight loss.
Pinned Image
My mom told me the other day that she can definitely tell I've been working out and that I seem a lot better/healthier all around.  This made me feel great.  Another thing I noticed is that my jeans, which had been getting a little too tight around the waist, don't feel as tight anymore.  Just a couple Non-scale victories that I thought I'd share. 

Here is a list I found of signs of weight loss progress.
  • Fitting into old jeans
  • Hating the taste of pop
  • Not being able to finish a taco from my (old) favorite fast food place
  • Being able to say no
  • Having six bottles of water in your room
  • Missing working out after a day
  • Actually feeling skinnier
Well, I've got the first one.  Not so sure that I'll ever hate the taste of soda though.  I haven't tried eating food from my favorite fast food place since I started dieting, and it's going to be a while before I do that again, so I'll have to put that one on hold.  Saying no was a struggle at first, especially to anything chocolate, but it's getting easier as time goes by.  And while I don't have 6 bottles of water (because I don't like buying plastic bottles), I do have 3 water bottles, so I think that counts.  I definitely miss working out.  It's become such a routine for me, that when I don't get to go to the gym I'm disappointed.  Like today.  The last one, well I've been feeling better and yesterday I actually looked down at myself and thought that maybe my hips and butt are not so large after all.  So, the last one is still a work in progress.

So, while the scale doesn't indicate weight loss for me this week, I still feel great and I am in no way discouraged by this.  Every little thing I do, from eating right, to exercising, means I am making progress.

Here's the link to a few yoga poses that are great for your core muscles.  These are all great moves, that take work, but are not incredibly difficult.  Check it out!
http://www.self.com/fitness/workouts/2010/06/yoga-for-abs-workout-slideshow#slide=1

Have a wonderful day!

Photo Inspiration:
wooah

No comments:

Post a Comment