Sunday, December 4, 2011

Weigh In #2

So, in my mind, this week has gone pretty well.  I've stuck to the good food, completely avoided all soda and made water my new best friend.  I avoided the sweets (except for a lemon bar last night, which I baked all by myself! Yum.), stuck to portion sizes and exercised.  I won't lie though, I was a bit worried about stepping on the scale today because I lost a couple days in a row of going to the gym because of my work day.

Just a note about my work day.  At my first job, I work 8am-5:45pm.  My second job is 6:15pm-12am.  So on the days that I work both, I am gone from my house for 17 hours.  That only leaves me 7 hours, part of which I spend getting up and going to bed.  So, I know some of you would say, well why don't I sacrifice an hour of sleep?  The reason I don't is because I have this schedule at least 3 days out of the work week.  I need the sleep, and maintaining a proper sleep schedule is part of my attempts to become healthier.  Besides, I do go for long walks with the baby on the days that I do work, to get some form of exercise into my day.

So, my apologies for digressing.  I started two weeks ago at 135 lbs.  Last week I weighed in at 132.8 lbs.  As of my weigh in this morning, I am 130.0 lbs.  Honestly, this number surprised me.  I did not expect to drop 2.8 lbs this week, maybe 1-2, but guess what, surprised or not, I still feel good!

A few reminders.  Take the poll on the right!  Tell me what your favorite cardio machine is, I want to know.  Thanks.  Also, check out my most recent Featured Author post, her books are definitely a worthwhile read.  Look out for a post later today about a Bob Harper fat-blasting workout.  Lastly, I just added an About Me page, just to give you all some back ground on the main reason I am trying to get fit, so take a look!

Have a wonderful day!

Inspiration photo:

No comments:

Post a Comment