Sunday, January 15, 2012

Inspiration and A New Poll!

Posting has been a bit slow for me lately as I get readjusted to my schedule now that vacations have ended.  Yes, it's taken two weeks of readjustment, but I'm getting there.  Recent activity in my social life, while a definite good thing(!), has contributed to the delay in posting.

Today's post is to announce a new poll!  I guess it can be considered a serious question, but I would love for you to give it some deep consideration before you answer.  I know that I had to.

Do you love your body?  Yes or No.

Ultimately my answer was yes, I do love my body.  For all the shortcomings and imperfections I can see in myself, I also see a strong body, one that I have worked for and a body that I am still developing.  I'm a constant work in progress, and as slow going as it's been, I see positive changes in myself and they are all because I have a strong body that is working for me to make those physical changes.  So, I love my body for it's strength and perseverance throughout my process to becoming healthier and fitter.

Photo Inspirations:
muffintop-less:

Change can be a very scary thing…. and the interesting part… is it is often ten times more frightening for those AROUND you than your own self!
This is for many reasons… one of which I have been inspired to mention:I like to call it the mirror effect (it probably has a real name in the world of psychology)…. the mirror effect is when you do something that forces others to take a long hard look (consciously or subconsciously) at their own life and their own actions….
When you begin to exercise, eat healthy and do productive things you did not do in the past… you might begin to notice certain people in your life either pulling away, or being unreasonably critical. They might ask you why you are doing these things, or poke fun at your new, healthy lifestyle. One of the reasons for this, is that it forces THEM to take a HARD HIT of REALITY. By you taking the initiative to change your life for the better… they are forced to look at their OWN life. When they see a disconnect.. and realize they are not healthy, they are not as productive… they lash out and try to bring you down, back to where you were before. This is a COMFORTABLE place for them. They don’t WANT to be faced with the things they know they SHOULD be doing. They want you back to your unhealthy ways, so they can reason with themselves, and convince themselves that they are doing JUST FINE the way they are. No one wants to feel like they are unhealthy or unproductive. 
If these are people you can’t get away from (parents/family/coworkers) then be patient. Realize that the problem is not YOU, it’s THEM and THEIR OWN INSECURITIES. If these are “friends”…. tell them how you feel. Tell them that it is hurtful that they criticize you for being productive and healthy… if they continue to be negative… cut them out. You don’t need negative people in your life, constantly trying to sabotage your healthy efforts.



pursuingamazing:

forever reblog.
She pretty much has my goal body.

Disclaimer: None of the above photos are of me, they are merely on my blog to serve as fitness inspiration and are taken from various different internet sources.

No comments:

Post a Comment