Friday, January 13, 2012

Water Recommendations and the Workout Playlist

This post is in response to a question about water I received recently.  I hope it's helpful!



"Any more suggestions on how to drink enough water in a day? I find it nearly impossible. Also- what drinks other than pure water count?" 


This is a great question and one that a few people have actually already asked me.  I've come up with a few recommendations based off of what I do daily.


Pinned Image   
Here are my recommendations: 


You don't absolutely have to drink 8 eight ounce glasses everyday.  Sometimes I only drink 6 or 7 and sometimes I drink 9 or 10.  It changes every day.  Keep in mind that you also get water through the foods that you eat (fruits and veggies), so try to make more water-filled choices, like lettuce and celery.


Keep a glass of water by you always.


Refill as soon as the glass/bottle becomes empty.


Exercise makes you thirsty.  I drink 24+ ounces because of it (although, exercise usually calls for drinking more than the recommended amount of water for the day).


Make a schedule for drinking water.  Pick certain times throughout the day and just make sure you've drunk the entire amount before the next time rolls around.  One highly recommended time is first thing in the morning to get your body and metabolism revved up.


I personally find it much easier to drink out of a water bottle than I do a glass, so try experimenting with different types of containers and see if you can find one that works best for you.


Sometimes people confuse thirst pangs with hunger pangs, so try drinking water first when you get that feeling.


Other drinks can count because they do provide your body with liquid, but keep in mind, they all have downsides and water does not.  Try tea or fruit juice if you absolutely must drink something else.  Avoid sodas and coffee.  You can try diluting your water with a little bit of fruit juice - I recommend cranberry juice.
But your best option would be to try flavored waters, or waters that you've naturally flavored yourself (http://nancycreative.com/2010/06/25/feast-your-eyes-on-flavored-water/)
Pinned Image


To the other question I received about my meals, I'll probably try to answer that for tomorrow!


Last thing and then I'm done.  I'm trying to come up with a great workout playlist.  I've only got a few songs that I work out to and I'm looking for more.  So email me suggestions, or leave a comment with a suggestion.  Let me know your top few favorites and when I get enough, I'll make a whole list and share it with everyone so that we can all have an awesome workout playlist.


Thanks!  Have an awesome day!




Photo Inspirations:





No comments:

Post a Comment