Monday, February 6, 2012

Some Lessons From the Animals

So I took a trip to the Smithsonian Zoological Park today.  I love animals, particularly Elephants, Pandas and the big cats.  Maybe it's the girl in me, but I get an overwhelming desire to cuddle animals, even the ones that could probably kill me.

Zoo Entrance
Along the way, I discovered the Happy Frog!  It was a good reminder to keep a smile on and to have a good time and a positive attitude, despite the cold and the fact that it started drizzling...

Of course, I needed a picture with the elephants (the real ones were too far away for me to get a picture with them).  I think that they are good examples for us.  They are social creatures who express joy and happiness and they also frequently engage in play, young and old.  So, follow their lead, make sure you are doing things that make you happy and excited and express yourself!

To learn about the giant pandas, which are an endangered species, that occupy the Smithsonian's zoo, go here: http://nationalzoo.si.edu/Animals/GiantPandas/default.cfm?cam=LP1
This shy creature serves as a reminder that we need to think about who else needs help out in our world.  Sometimes I get caught up thinking about myself and my own problems, but there are other people/animals who need help too!

Two great friends :)  Aka Kaitie (L) and Sarah (R).  They called dibs on the Triceratops.

The best part about this weekend was getting to spend time with my friends.  It did more for me than I had any idea it would.  The time off and getting to do fun things with people I love to be around, was just what I've been needing as my stress levels have recently been rising.  Also, there is nothing better than chatting with friends for hours face-to-face, instead of over a computer.  So remember to take time for your friends, especially the ones you don't get to see very often.

Have a great day!

Photo Inspirations:


No comments:

Post a Comment