Sunday, April 22, 2012

Walk, Walk, Walk

Walking is one of the most basic forms of exercise around.  We all know that walking is great for us, but when given the option between walking and driving somewhere...we inevitably choose the car.  Time constraints, laziness, weather, distance etc. all factor into that decision, BUT if you can, you should try to walk instead.



I look back and realize that before I'd gained weight, I walked a lot more.  My senior year of college is the year that I noticed the weight.  It was also the same year that I bought a car and brought it to school with me.  My reasoning was that I had to student teach in the Spring and I needed the transportation.  Well, instead of walking to classes, I started driving to classes.  Instead of walking to work, I drove to work.  My campus is pretty small, so I really had no other excuse beyond laziness.  In previous years however, I had walked everywhere!

As we get older, we tend to stop walking, stop moving and start sitting.  So, challenge yourself to oppose this and try to start moving even more!  It's a great activity for your body, your heart, your brain and your bones.  It's a low impact activity that is easy to do, and a more natural motion for our bodies.  My advice, walk a little bit more everyday and you'll feel the benefits!

For more walking-related information, try this website: http://www.medicinenet.com/walking/article.htm

Have a wonderful day!!

Photo Inspiration:
Stuff to try
awesome/quick exercises



Disclaimer: None of the above photos are of me, and I do not take credit for them, they are merely on my blog to serve as fitness inspiration and are taken from various different internet sources.

No comments:

Post a Comment