Recipe to try: Turkey Burrito
Time: 10-15 minutes
4 ounces packaged raw turkey breast strips
1/2 tsp. salt-free Southwest or Mexican seasoning
Olive oil spray
1 reduced-fat, whole-wheat flour tortilla
1 tbsp. light sour cream
3/4 ounce finely shredded 75% light Cheddar
1/4 cup shredded lettuce
3 tbsp. salsa or pico de gallo
1. Toss turkey with seasoning until well combined.
2. Place medium nonstick skillet on medium-high heat. Mist pan with spray when hot.
3. Cook turkey strips until lightly browned, 2-4 minutes. Remove and cover in a bowl.
4. Reduce the heat to medium and put the tortilla in the pan. Cook for 30 seconds on each side.
5. Put tortilla on a plate and spread sour cream down the center, leaving 3 inches of the bottom bare.
6. Add the cheese, lettuce, salsa and then the turkey.
7. Fold the sides of the tortilla over the filling and then fold up the bottom.
1 serving = 307 calories, 39 g. protein, 28 g. carbs, 6 g. fat, 2 g. saturated fat, 58 mg. cholesterol, 2 g. fiber, 420 mg sodium
Recipe can be found in: I Can't Believe It's Not Fattening! Over 150 Ridiculously Easay Recipes for the Super Busy by Devin Alexander