Tuesday, September 4, 2012

SELF's 2012 Fitness Survey

I got an email from SELF today advertising a delicious looking fruit cobbler, so I obviously had to go and check the recipe out.  The picture alone was motivation.  While perusing the sight, I started going through the fitness articles (surprise) and found SELF's 2012 Fitness Survey.  I definitely recommend that you take a look and read it over.  There were a lot of great exercise recommendations in there, especially ab exercises. According to SELF, 50% of women say having the toned tummy area is most important, and I would be among them.  

What I am planning to try:
"For crunches and bridges, Olzinski recommends squeezing a 3-pound dumbbell between your knees to downsize your inner thighs while you flatten your abs and tighten your tush."


I definitely want to give it a try.  Since I love crunches, I see this as a new way to challenge myself.  We all know that our regular routines can only take us so far before they start to be ineffective (1 month is average limit) so you should always be on the lookout for ways to change it up.
This was a part of #7 on the list.  The whole thing can be found here: http://www.self.com/fitness/2012/09/fitness-survey-slideshow#slide=1

Photo Inspiration:
Bliss Sixpack Attack
I'm honestly not quite sure where I found this picture.  If you happen to find it, let me know so that I can add the link.  Thanks!


Disclaimer: None of the above photos are of me, and I do not take credit for them, they are merely on my blog to serve as fitness inspiration and are taken from various different internet sources.

No comments:

Post a Comment